Understanding Your Financial Wealth
Do you understand what is in your 401k plan -- what types of investments you inherited -- what your financial advisor is recommending?
In today's environment you must take more and more responsibility for managing your retirement and other important financial goals. We believe EVERYONE should have at least a basic understanding of different types of investments and their role.
Learn about investing
Even if you use financial advisors, it is important to have a basic understanding of investments so that you understand what your advisor is recommending and what questions you may want to ask.
- What are stocks and bonds, mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) and what role does each play
- Learn the stock terminology -- large cap vs small cap, value vs growth and why you may want a mix of different types
- Learn how time can work for you
- Understand how everything has some kind of risk -- even a checking or saving account.
- What is a diversified portfolio -- and why you should want one
- What important information is hidden in all those reports you get from your mutual funds
- What is the role of dividends and why you should care
Saving for retirement, your children's education or other important life goals
We can help you develop a picture of your entire financial picture including your savings, investments and retirement plans to help you get a sense of how well your savings and investments are in line to meet your goals.
- Learn about the different types of retirement accounts, what is their role and which ones might be appropriate for you.
- Why you might want to have an IRA, even if you already have a retirement plan at work
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of 529 and education accounts
- Why creating a trust for your child might have a negative impact on qualifying for student loans or scholarships